We are pleased to announce a new series of workshops at Christian Counseling Centers in Hayward to support and equip therapists, pastors, and others who minister to trauma survivors.
Inspired by the recent landmark book The Body Keeps the Score by trauma expert Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, the Trauma Training Program aims to introduce participants to a wide variety of therapies and techniques that are helpful in the treatment of trauma. The trainings will also offer tools to treat other symptoms that often develop as a result of trauma. The program is especially designed to benefit counseling interns, trainees, and other professional or lay counselors. However, anyone who works with trauma is welcome to attend.
- When: 12-2PM, 2nd Wednesdays of each month, from January to June, 2016.
- Where: Christian Counseling Centers’ Hayward Office (2nd Floor of Messiah Lutheran Church), 25400 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545 (Map)
- FREE to all who minister to trauma survivors.
- Advance registration required. Space is limited. Please register for each workshop individually by following the links below.
- Continuing Education: 2 CEUs per workshop are available through the California Board of Behavioral Science (PCE 5880) for all LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs and LPCCs. There is an administrative fee of $20 per workshop (payable by cash or check to Christian Counseling Centers) for those who would like to receive CEUs.
- January 13, 2016 – Strengths & Safety: Experiential Techniques to Foster Healing
- February 10, 2016 – Behavior 911: Managing Difficult Behaviors in Kids and Teens
- March 9, 2016 – Trauma and Mindfulness
- April 13, 2016 – EMDR Resourcing: Helping Clients Strengthen Their Inner Resources
- May 11, 2016 – The Trauma Triangle
- June 8, 2016 – An Introduction to Internal Family Systems