In April, the Trauma Training Program at Christian Counseling Centers in Hayward will be offering a workshop on “EMDR Resourcing,” led by Janie Sheedy, MFT. The workshop is for counselors and others who minister to trauma survivors.
- What: EMDR Resourcing: Helping Clients Strengthen Their Inner Resources
- When: 12-2PM, Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- Where: Christian Counseling Centers’ Hayward Office (on the 2nd floor of Messiah Lutheran Church), 25400 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545 (Map)
- Cost: Free to those who minister to trauma survivors.
- To Register: Advance registration is required as space is limited. Please register here on the CCC website.
- For more information: Contact Joy at 510-999-6380. You can also click here to learn more about the Trauma Training Program.
About the Workshop
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an effective therapeutic tool for helping individuals process traumatic life events along with negative emotions, cognitions and physical sensations. Prior to processing traumatic material, it is essential to help clients have internal access to a calm state, enhance positive emotions and strengthen positive memories. This 2-hour training will give an overview of various methods of resourcing clients with eye-movements.
About the Presenter
Janie Sheedy is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC# 80846) working in private practice at two locations in both Pleasant Hill and Pleasanton. Janie received her Masters from Western Seminary in 2008 and her B.S. in Psychology through Excelsior College in 2005. She is also board certified with the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) as an EMDR Clinician. Janie likes working with individuals struggling with grief and loss, depression and anxiety and family-of-origin issues. Janie uses both a relational approach along with her skills, particularly utilizing EMDR. She loves giving people a safe place to tell their stories and find depth and meaning to their suffering, as well as find resolution and reintegrate their stories in a more adaptable manner. Janie has continues to participate in advanced skills for using EMDR, including Dyadic Resourcing and the Feeling State Addiction Protocol.
Please spread the word to others who might benefit! You can download the flyer for the workshop here.