In June, the Trauma Training Program at Christian Counseling Centers in Hayward will be offering “An Introduction to Internal Family Systems” led by Marilyn Hunt, LMFT. The workshop is for counselors and others who minister to trauma survivors.
- What: An Introduction to Internal Family Systems
- When: 12-2PM, Wednesday, June 8, 2016
- Where: Christian Counseling Centers’ Hayward Office (on the 2nd floor of Messiah Lutheran Church), 25400 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545 (Map)
- Cost: Free to those who minister to trauma survivors. CEUS available for an administrative fee of $20.
- To Register: Advance registration is required as space is limited. Please register here on the CCC website.
- For more information: Contact Joy at 510-999-6380. You can also click here to learn more about the Trauma Training Program.
About the Workshop
Internal Family Systems, an evidence-based practice, is a model of psychotherapy that offers a clear, non-pathologizing and empowering method of understanding human problems, as well as an innovative and enriching philosophy of practice that invites both therapist and client to enter into a transformational relationship in which healing can occur.
Based on the understanding that within each individual there exists a system of parts with a core Self, IFS facilitates healing of parts’ extreme roles, feelings and beliefs with the goal of an integrated system and compassionate Self-leadership. Parts are often exiled in our systems either by other people or inside by other parts. Like Jesus, Self welcomes the exile or outcast, offers truth and grace and brings about deep healing and change.
In this two-hour workshop come learn the basics of IFS and experience a taste of getting to know your own parts.
About the Presenter
Marilyn Hunt, LMFT, graduated from UCSD with a Bachelors in Psychology and from Fuller Seminary with a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. Trained in Internal Family Systems, she enjoys helping clients get to the root of symptoms to enable life-long change.
Please spread the word to others who might benefit!