In May, the Trauma Training Program at Christian Counseling Centers in Hayward will be offering a workshop on “The Trauma Triangle,” led by Joy Wong Liu, MFT. The workshop is for counselors and others who minister to trauma survivors.
- What: The Trauma Triangle
- When: 12-2PM, Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- Where: Christian Counseling Centers’ Hayward Office (on the 2nd floor of Messiah Lutheran Church), 25400 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545 (Map)
- Cost: Free to those who minister to trauma survivors. CEUS available for an administrative fee of $20.
- To Register: Advance registration is required as space is limited. Please register here on the CCC website.
- For more information: Contact Joy at 510-999-6380. You can also click here to learn more about the Trauma Training Program.
About the Workshop
This experiential workshop will introduce participants to the Trauma Triangle, a simple yet profound way to understand how trauma on the outside impacts survivors on the inside. The Trauma Triangle also empowers trauma survivors with an easy to understand road map to recovery. Adapted from the Karpman Triangle for interpersonal relationships, the Trauma Triangle focuses on the intraspsychic roles and patterns taken on to cope with trauma. It is one of foundational concepts of the Therapeutic Spiral Model, a clinical form of psychodrama developed for the treatment of trauma.
About the Presenter
Joy Wong Liu is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC# 53681) who has been affiliated with Christian Counseling Centers since 2012. Joy currently co-leads a drama therapy group for trauma survivors at CCC Hayward. Joy received her Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Western Seminary and also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in drama from Stanford University. Joy is trained in EMDR for the treatment of trauma and also is currently pursuing International Certification in Trauma Therapy using the Therapeutic Spiral Model (TSM). Joy has received over 100 hours of post-graduate training in TSM from Sylvia Israel, MFT, TEP, RDT/BCT, and Kate Hudgins, Ph.D., TEP, the founder of TSM.
Please spread the word to others who might benefit! You can download the flyer for the workshop here.