In March, the Trauma Training Program at Christian Counseling Centers in Hayward will be offering a workshop on “Trauma and Mindfulness,” led by Bowbay Feng, MFT. The workshop is for counselors and others who minister to trauma survivors.
- What: Trauma and Mindfulness
- When: 12-2PM, Wednesday, March 9, 2016
- Where: Christian Counseling Centers’ Hayward Office (on the 2nd floor of Messiah Lutheran Church), 25400 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545 (Map)
- Cost: Free to those who minister to trauma survivors.
- To Register: Advance registration is required as space is limited. Please register here on the CCC website.
- For more information: Contact Joy at 510-999-6380. You can also view the syllabus for the workshop here and click here to learn more about the Trauma Training Program.
About the Workshop
In this workshop you will receive an overview of DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) mindfulness skills, and learn specific mindfulness interventions. A mindfulness practice can help with emotional regulation, distress tolerance, as well as the depression and anxiety symptoms that often result from trauma.
About the Presenter
Bowbay Liang-Hua Feng is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice in Berkeley. She is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of San Francisco in the Counseling Psychology Masters Program where she teaches classes on Trauma, Crisis and Adult Life Transitions. She received her masters from The Wright Institute and her B.A. in Religion and International Relations from Smith College. She brings over 20 years of experience in mindfulness, meditation and martial arts. Bowbay is client-centered. She has a practice built on collaborative self-empowerment and helping people through trauma, transitions, relationships, stress, and quality of life issues. Bowbay is trained in EMDR, Mindfulness and DBT for the treatment of trauma.
Please spread the word to others who might benefit! You can download the flyer for the workshop here.