In February, Joy will be leading a workshop on behavioral therapy as part of the Trauma Training Program at Christian Counseling Centers in Hayward. The workshop is for counselors and others who minister to trauma survivors.
- What: Behavior 911: Managing Difficult Behaviors in Kids and Teens
- When: 12-2PM, Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- Where: Christian Counseling Centers’ Hayward Office (on the 2nd floor of Messiah Lutheran Church), 25400 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545 (Map)
- Cost: Free to those who minister to trauma survivors.
- To Register: Advance registration is required as space is limited. Please register here on the CCC website.
- For more information: Contact Joy at 510-999-6380. You can also view the syllabus for the workshop here and click here to learn more about the Trauma Training Program.
About the Workshop
Kids and teens who have experienced traumatic, out of control circumstances may often display disruptive, out of control behaviors in their everyday lives. Behavior therapy can be a crucial tool for helping to manage and contain negative behaviors so that new healing relationships can develop. This training will introduce you to practical tools that can impact even the most difficult behaviors.
About the Presenter
Joy Wong Liu is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC# 53681) who has been affiliated with Christian Counseling Centers since 2012. This workshop draws from Joy’s experience as a behavioral coach, helping kids and teens with severe behavioral issues achieve more successes at home and at school. Joy has worked with children and teens struggling with aggression, property destruction, defiance, and many other behaviors. Joy currently co-leads a drama therapy group for trauma survivors at CCC Hayward.
Please spread the word to others who might benefit! You can download the Behavior 911 Flyer here.